What should a complete professional website entail?
More than ever before, it has become simple to set up a website. Lately, you can make a complete website with no or little programming knowledge. This is because of the growing automation tools and web builders made available online.
What is a website?
Generally, a website is a combination of web pages that are connected with links and are hosted on a server to be accessed online through a web address or a domain name.
What is aprofessional website?
A professional website consists of web pages that are linked together, neatly organized, with clear navigation menu, with an early to follow/read pages and are easily accessed online.
Here are some of the key factors of a professional website.
- Branding â€“ Websites should represent your physical business online. Therefore, they should be branded and look as much as your physical business does. Your business colors should match your brand identity.
- Meaning Domains â€“ Domain names play a huge role in the way customers interact with your website. A domain should be straightforward and easy to cram.
- Titles â€“ Professional websites should have a clearly defined title that explains what the website is all about that is also keywords savvy. Website heading starts from H1, H2, H3 in that hierarchy. A good website should carefully define heading and subheadings to follow each other in that hierarchy.
- Menu â€“ A good website should have an easy to navigate the menu. Users should be able to see the outlay of the website and know and see where to click what.
- Well written pages â€“ Content of the website matters. Search engines prefer to crawl and index websites which are well written and in a language that is clearly defined from the meta tags.
- Back-to-back communication â€“ Potential customers should be able to send you back messages through emails, forms, linked social media pages and live chats where necessary. Forms should also be malware and spammers prone.
- Compressed Images – One of the reasons most websites load slowly is because of large images that take long to download before opening. A well-compressed picture gallery makes it easy for a website to open. Pictures should also have their own titles and ALT titles.
- Security â€“ An unsecured website is vulnerable to attacks and spammers. A good website should be well protected through passwords where necessary, SSL security certificates, and restriction to personal data access.
- Reliable Hosting â€“ You do not want your website to unnecessarily shut down or crush without valid reasons. A properly hosted site on servers that are always running could give you peace of mind.
- Responsive – Your website should perfectly on both desktop and mobile devices exerting the same responsive appearance.
- Analysis â€“ After your website is done, an external analyst who was not involved in the building of the website would be helpful. Spelling errors, wrongly linked pages, and broken links would usually give a wrong impression to your customers.
The above-listed techniques and are basics and a must to every website that may be defined as professional. More to it could be added such as DNS settings, SEO structure, Anti-Spam email systems, and canonical sitemaps.
Automated site builders such as Wix, and others, could help you set up a website fast, but they will not give you full access to the raw code that you could use to maximize your SEO and accessibility. It is always great to get a professional who is well advanced and trained to build a professional website.